Monday, October 19, 2009

First Read-Thru For Workshop

We have decided to have a workshop/staged reading of G.S. in November. An invited audience will come and hear the play performed and give feedback. This will give me some time to do rewrites and hopefully bring out the themes and shape the play into its best form before the production in Feburary.

The cast for the read-thru will be:

Alice...............Pam Mattthews
Gerturde.......Anne McEvoy
Alfred.............Douglas Collier
Landlandy.....Lynna Snyder
George...........Liz Conway

The first read-thru of the script (ever) will take place tonight. I'm looking forward to how the play sounds out loud with the actors interpreting the lines. Actors always bring out nuances that help me to discover things I didn't know about the play.

(I realize that sounds anti-thetical, because I wrote the play, but there it is.)

I have modified two small portions of the script prior to tonight's reading. One is the George/Gertrude argument about Jews and the other is the ending. That problematic ending!

We'll see what everyone thinks about that tonight, since the cast have been given scripts with the original ending.

I'll have an update after the read-thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment